Monday, August 2, 2021

Hit me with your last shot

 Two down, one to go! The second part of my chemo regime ended at 3 am this morning with the last shot into my abdomen.

Eleven more days of four giant pills, and that'll be it.

So the question is, do I need to be in the hospital to swallow meds? Of course not. 

What I do need is to be verrry, verry careful to not pick up a stray germ that could wreak havoc on my non-existent immune system.

Here at Swedish, everything is focused on that objective: daily room cleaning, nightly bed changes, a antiseptic wipedown and fresh gown. And then there's the watchful presence of the league of angels who attend to my slightest wish. 

Annoying as it is, their 3am vital-sign check and blood draw works to keep me safe and inform the doctors if something isn't looking right in time to fix it.

I'm almost down the mountain now, so I just need to power through the inconveniences. 

And thrice-daily room service...

No comments: