Friday, August 13, 2021

Scary stuff, not so much

Friday the 13th. I don't recall if it was a thing before the scary movie, and I don't much believe in the superstition now. It's just a coincidence of the calendar, after all.

For me today, it's one day closer to getting out of this hospital. Biopsy was yesterday and I'm sure the docs are poring over the results, ready to craft the ideal treatment plan.

Indications are it will be OK. I've started making platelets again, and I came through a digestive upset with only a little unpleasantness.

A daily walk to the hospital's memorial garden seems to be the ticket to better sleep. They won't let me go without a nurse, so taking them from their other patients and duties makes me feel a bit indulgent, but they enjoy it too!


1 comment:

Carol said...

Thanks for the update, Kathy. We’re holding our breath right along with you, waiting for the results of your biopsy … a lesson in patience, for sure. It’s nice that the air quality has improved a bit lately for your outside walks … may you continue to get outside and enjoy the change of scenery, if not the “fresh” air.