Sunday, August 15, 2021

She's coming home

One month to the day I was rolled into this hospital, it seems I will get to be rolled out, albeit in much better shape.

My body is responding well and making new blood cells, so there is apparently no reason too keep me here. I'm sure follow-up visits with the oncology team will be required, but being at home will be such a relief.

My own bed (though I'll have to change it myself), my own food (not delivered to my bedside three times a day) and my own sleep schedule (uninterrupted by well-meaning nurses), plus not having to juggle family visitors (two's the COVID limit).

I have no doubt that the amazing outpouring of support from friends and family far and wide have contributed to this oh-so-easy recovery.

A month ago, I didn't know what to expect from a diagnosis of leukemia, but I have been pleasantly surprised all along. I know this is not the end of the road, but it sure looks like a easy hike ahead.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kathy
We are so happy for your progress. We continue to pray for for you on your journey to complete remission. What a fighter you are and a really good composer of your journey. So happy progress is continuing.
Steve and Karen

EileenH said...

YAY! So glad to hear the good news.