Thursday, August 5, 2021

Small victories are still winning


 OK, so that last post was a little downbeat, but I'm better now.  I got to go outside yesterday!! First time in almost two weeks, and (thanks to my amazing nurse) I was able to surprise my husband and son on their way in to see me!!!

And my daughter, visiting from Chicago to help out, brought me real clothes today. As much as I appreciated the upgrade to a blue gown a week or so ago, my own things feel so much more comfortable -- and human. 

But the thing that totally buoys and amazes me if the incredible love I feel from all corners. My church family and other friends in Boulder pepper me with beautiful cards and notes. 

And -- this is so amazing-- the Labor Day reunion of long-time girlfriends I was so sad to miss has relocated to Colorado for ME. Those three smart, sassy women changed flights and worked it out so we CAN all be together. I can't wait to show them my beautiful Colorado.

For now, though, the biopsy is set for next Thursday, and likely discharge the Monday after. Onward....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hugs!

Carol said...

Your cards are indeed very colorful and cheery! And how nice to have a Labor Day rendezvous with good friends to look forward to. Keep up the good progress!

Unknown said...

That is so sweet of them.