Saturday, July 31, 2021

No strings on me

 I'm freeeeee! The Blue Fairy granted the wish for me to lose the oxygen tubing last night and I'm holding steady with 90-ish percent blood oxygen, which is totally normal here at altitude.

I'll still get the occasional antibiotic, blood product or other fluid  through the IV as these amazing professionals keep track of the complex system that is our body.

So now we wait. Sitting in a hospital bed doesn't carry the same temptations of Pinocchio's Pleasure Island but it is a scary new world out there. From Covid to plain ol' pollen, anything could trigger infection.  

This gives me a chance to offer a shout-out to a really neat product for this very situation: My sister-in-law Sally found Fresh Cut Paper to send a beautiful 3D pop-up bouquet. No mess, no watering, just the floral fanfare!

At least I have pretty things to look at even though I'd love to be home in my pine-shaded bedroom. Part of being a real boy is weighing the risks and benefits and listening to the wisdom of my own Jiminy Crickets.

1 comment:

Dan Leftwich said...

Freedom from the oxygen tubes is a very good sign. Red blood cells are doing their job again. The body is such an amazing system!