Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Cutting some slack

 Whether we are Olympic athletes or plain-old human beans, it seems we all expect too much of ourselves. Do more, go further, reach higher. Why not just be happy with where we are?

Sitting in my hospital bed, feeling so much better than I thought I would, I have various choices each day: 

--the always popular sleep (which admittedly is interrupted often enough around here);

--daily exercises for breathing, bladder control, leg muscles, arm muscles;

--my long-standing habit of beating the daily solitaire, sudoku and word game challenges on Microsoft. I've rarely let a month go by that I don't get perfect scores on the latter two, but seeing as I missed a few days earlier this month, I have officially given in and decided July will not be on the leader board.

-- the lure of junk TV, from the insipid to the intellectual;

--communicating with everyone who has shown such care and affection in this journey. It is warming and touching but sometimes overwhelming. Still, I know that I want to to know what is going on with you when you are in need so I will try to keep you in the loop as well.

It's much more fun that arm exercises anyway!

1 comment:

EileenH said...

Well said. And so glad you are feeling better than expected. xoxo