Friday, July 30, 2021

Cresting the peak

 In Colorado, we love our mountain analogies. I started this journey almost 2 weeks ago, and I probably have about two weeks of hospital time to go. So, I've climbed my 14er...

Though it really has not been a mountain for me. I've been so very lucky, and I credit the well wishes of so many in my life. But sometimes the way down the mountain is just as perilous. 

I have virtually no natural defenses now so infection is a real worry. That's why I get to enjoy the amenities of Swedish Medical Center a few more weeks. 

The people here are amazing. From the sweet little lady who cleans my room to the legions of caring, smart, encouraging, all-around amazing nurses, the team here is top notch. 

With that team and your thoughts, it won't be hard to get back on solid ground.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Watch out for the unvaccinated! I'm thankful you are doing so well. Isthis round #1?