Wednesday, January 26, 2022

As I see it ( and I could be wrong)

 For better or worse, I'm not a quitter. When my body decided to attack itself, it went full on. Mutations add a bit of color ro the mix. But the early chemotherapy seened to get rid of the cancer. I was twice told I was in remission.

So the stem cell transplant was to put an end to it altogether. Only it didn't quite work as well as hoped. Yet. The latest bone marrow biopsy indicates my body is still making nasty leukemic blasts that invade the good cells. The eminently qualified team at Colorado Blood Cancer Institute is crunching every number and investigating options galore. If there is a chance, they will find it.

But my stubborn leukemia may just win the battle. I suspect there will be no cure. My time on this beautiful planet will be cut short. (the way our country is going this is not a totally bad thing)

But I am going to try to make a life of joy and fun and connecting with those who have supported me throughout this life.

Come along for the ride.

No comments: