Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Sprung for now

 YESSS! A few days later than planned, I finally got to leave Presbyterian/St. Luke's Bone Marrow Transplant center at the end of a very long day of waiting yesterday. 

Twenty-six days without fresh air or the feel of the sun on my face. Missed the first Evergreen snow (2 in.) and the officially latest first Denver snow (0.3 in), but I just glad to be out of my room.

It's a mixed bag, though. We have to figure out when and what of the 14 or so medications to take. No nurses to swoop in at just the right time to dole out expertly curated doses. 

I've left the IV pole behind in favor of  a fanny pack holding a little bottle of magnesium supplementation attached to my central line. 

All in all, not too bad, and I have the best unskilled caregivers: my husband and daughter. I can't even imagine how I would have done any of this without them.

And, in time for Christmas! Infection protocols prevent a live tree but the fake one will get gussied up with our 35 years of ornaments to make it just as festive --without the pine needle shedding.

With my beautiful family here to share my new lease on life, I cannot help but feel so very lucky.